The project designing organization SkyWay Technologies Co. is known for unique developments, innovative solutions, unusual approaches and bold ideas.
One of the most important components of the transport complexes we create is the electric motor that is part of SkyWay motor-wheels.
There are DC and AC motors, the latter in turn are divided into asynchronous and synchronous. Their main difference is in the design of the rotor: in synchronous motor, it is a permanent or electric magnet, and in asynchronous motor, there are poles on the rotor induced by a magnetic field of the stator.
For example, SkyWay vehicles use a synchronous traction motor built into the wheel, or a motor-wheel.
The transport module, equipped with electric motor-wheels, has several benefits:
In order to find out more details, we talked to Ilya Zhagalsky, Head of the design bureau with pilot production of electric drives.
- Good day! What is your bureau doing?
- Hello! We are engaged in the development and production of electronics, power and converter equipment, as well as electric motors and electrical energy storage devices.
- Explain, please: originally there was the design bureau “Electric drive”, and then it was renamed as the design bureau with pilot production of electric drives?
- Not quite so. A new administration was created. Initially, we belonged to the Office of the rolling stock. And then, for greater efficiency, we were set apart into a separate administration with a new name of the design bureau with pilot production of electric drives by the decision of Anatoly Yunitskiy, SkyWay General designer.
- And what specialists work in your design bureau?
- Design engineers, electricians, wiremen, construction metal workers.
- What are you doing directly as the Head of the bureau?
- Office management, designing of electronics, writing software.
- What vehicles use the motor-wheel?
- Electric cars, electric bicycles, mine dump trucks, hoverboards.
- Why did your choice fall on this particular type of motor in the development of SkyWay transport?
- Because it has the best specific features, namely the torque per unit of mass. That is, with smaller dimensions and mass, we get grater torque. This electric motor has also more flexible control in a wide range of speeds. And its efficiency factor is higher than in other types of motors.
- And why did you decide to design your own motor-wheels instead of using the options available at the market?
- The market does not always have suitable options by features and parameters. And if you order an outsourced individual design for our projects, it may take much time and be quite expensive.
- In this case, our electric motors have a distinct benefit - they are designed individually for each vehicle. And can you point out other benefits?
- In comparison with the options available at the market, we can get more power with smaller weight and dimension indicators. We have achieved it through calculations and experiments.
- Are you planning to proceed to mass production?
- Yes, now we have pilot production to study and create motors for our vehicles, but we plan to launch serial production, too, because our electric motors are very competitive in terms of quality-to-price ratio.
- And how many types of motor-wheels has your bureau created? Does each vehicle have its own motor type?
- Unicar, monorail and double-rail unibuses have the same motor. Four motor-wheels are used in the first two modules, and the last one has 12 of them. There is also uniwind, it has a motor with smaller size and power. And, on the contrary, unicont and high-speed unibus have it with more power and size. That is, 5 types of motors have been developed and manufactured by now.
- And what is the lineup by power?
- 10, 20, 28, 35, 60 kilowatts.
- Other design bureaus are located in the office building, and you are at the production facility - why is that?
There are more possibilities for us here. We need to work with a test bench, we need a laboratory, assembly areas, equipment, three-phase voltage – all of it is not available in the office.
- Tell us about the bureau, about the team.
- We have a good team, 26 people already. We are growing and developing. 70% of employees is an engineering staff that develops and maintains articles in production. The rest are engaged with assembling and testing of prototypes. We do everything ourselves. From the idea to the physical sample.
Also please watch the video about the motor-wheel filmed earlier.
This form asks for your consent to allow us to use your personal data for the reasons stated below. You should only sign it if you want to give us your consent.
Who are we?
The name of the organisation asking you for consent to use your information is:
Global Transport Investments
Trident Chambers, P.O. Box 146, Road Town
British Virgin Islands
We would like to use the following information about you:
Why would we like to use your information?
Global Transport Investments would like to send this information to company registry, inform you about its news, for refund purposes.
What will we do with your information?
We store your name, address, ID Data, date of birth into company registry. We will share your e-mail & phone number with IT Service (https://digitalcontact.com/), SMS Center (http://smsc.ru). They will add your details to their mailing list and, when it is news update, they will send you an email or sms with details. We store your credit card number for possible refunds.
How to withdraw your consent
You can withdraw the consent you are giving on this form at any time. You can do this by writing to us at the above address, emailing us at the address: [email protected] or by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of emails you receive.
This privacy notice tells you about the information we collect from you when you sign up to receive our regular newsletter via our website. In collecting this information, we are acting as a data controller and, by law, we are required to provide you with information about us, about why and how we use your data, and about the rights you have over your data.
Who are we?
We are Global Transport Investments. Our address is Trident Chambers, P.O. Box 146, Road Town, Tortola, British Virgin Islands. You can contact us by post at the above address, by email at [email protected]
We are not required to have a data protection officer, so any enquiries about our use of your personal data should be addressed to the contact details above.
What personal data do we collect?
When you subscribe to our newsletter, we ask you for your name and your email address.
Why do we collect this information?
We will use your information to send you our newsletter, which contains information about our products.
We ask for your consent to do this, and we will only send you our newsletter for as long as you continue to consent.
What will we do with your information?
Your information is stored in our database and is shared with with IT Service (https://digitalcontact.com/), SMS Center (http://smsc.ru). It is not sent outside of the Euro. We will not use the information to make any automated decisions that might affect you.
How long do we keep your information for?
Your information is kept for as long as you continue to consent to receive our newsletter.
Your rights over your information
By law, you can ask us what information we hold about you, and you can ask us to correct it if it is inaccurate.
You can also ask for it to be erased and you can ask for us to give you a copy of the information.
You can also ask us to stop using your information – the simplest way to do this is to withdraw your consent, which you can do at any time, either by clicking the unsubscribe link at the end of any newsletter, or by emailing, writing us using the contact details above.
Your right to complain
If you have a complaint about our use of your information, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.