No sooner had we noticed that "as the main elements of both string transport test centres are ready, at the present stage of its development the focus of the attention has obviously moved from construction details to potential customers, i. e. visitors" than news of the construction progress in Sharjah has arrived!
But first we would like to remind you that 2021 was remarkable for:
- String transport and infrastructure complex with all the structural members was for the first time certified in tropical make for the compliance with international standards (certifying body TÜV SW Standardization Certifications).
- The commencement of pilot operation of Test Track 1 with a 400 m long flexible string rail overpass (spans of 100 and 200 m) of the suspended string transport and infrastructure complex.
Now the construction of two more 2.4 km long test tracks is underway at the string transport test and certification centre in Sharjah.
Highlights of the construction progress for Test Track 2 with a rigid string truss overpass:
- completed installation of 46 intermediate supports (spacing of 48 m);
- completed civil works at one anchor support, ongoing finishes;
- completed foundation and cast lower level of the concrete walls at the second anchor support;
- ongoing concrete and MEP works;
- ongoing works for power connection, that is planned for autumn 2022.
Highlights of the construction progress of Test Track 4 with a semi-rigid string rail overpass:
- completed installation of 8 intermediate supports (spacing of 144 and 288 m);
- completed civil works at both anchor supports;
- ongoing preliminaries for the erection of a string rail track structure;
- installation completion of anchor units at the anchor supports;
- ongoing works for power connection, that is planned for autumn 2022;
- completed in-house designed and assembled new model of suspended urban passenger pod U4-212-01 with a capacity of 25 passengers to run at Test Track 4.
The original publication is here.
Get instant news notifications right in your messenger!
Subscribe to our official Telegram-channel
This form asks for your consent to allow us to use your personal data for the reasons stated below. You should only sign it if you want to give us your consent.
Who are we?
The name of the organisation asking you for consent to use your information is:
Global Transport Investments
Trident Chambers, P.O. Box 146, Road Town
British Virgin Islands
We would like to use the following information about you:
Why would we like to use your information?
Global Transport Investments would like to send this information to company registry, inform you about its news, for refund purposes.
What will we do with your information?
We store your name, address, ID Data, date of birth into company registry. We will share your e-mail & phone number with IT Service (https://digitalcontact.com/), SMS Center (http://smsc.ru). They will add your details to their mailing list and, when it is news update, they will send you an email or sms with details. We store your credit card number for possible refunds.
How to withdraw your consent
You can withdraw the consent you are giving on this form at any time. You can do this by writing to us at the above address, emailing us at the address: [email protected] or by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of emails you receive.
This privacy notice tells you about the information we collect from you when you sign up to receive our regular newsletter via our website. In collecting this information, we are acting as a data controller and, by law, we are required to provide you with information about us, about why and how we use your data, and about the rights you have over your data.
Who are we?
We are Global Transport Investments. Our address is Trident Chambers, P.O. Box 146, Road Town, Tortola, British Virgin Islands. You can contact us by post at the above address, by email at [email protected]
We are not required to have a data protection officer, so any enquiries about our use of your personal data should be addressed to the contact details above.
What personal data do we collect?
When you subscribe to our newsletter, we ask you for your name and your email address.
Why do we collect this information?
We will use your information to send you our newsletter, which contains information about our products.
We ask for your consent to do this, and we will only send you our newsletter for as long as you continue to consent.
What will we do with your information?
Your information is stored in our database and is shared with with IT Service (https://digitalcontact.com/), SMS Center (http://smsc.ru). It is not sent outside of the Euro. We will not use the information to make any automated decisions that might affect you.
How long do we keep your information for?
Your information is kept for as long as you continue to consent to receive our newsletter.
Your rights over your information
By law, you can ask us what information we hold about you, and you can ask us to correct it if it is inaccurate.
You can also ask for it to be erased and you can ask for us to give you a copy of the information.
You can also ask us to stop using your information – the simplest way to do this is to withdraw your consent, which you can do at any time, either by clicking the unsubscribe link at the end of any newsletter, or by emailing, writing us using the contact details above.
Your right to complain
If you have a complaint about our use of your information, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.